Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oracle Support Note URL Abstraction Layer

After the retirement of MetaLink last weekend, my bookmarked MetaLink Note URLs have started acting differently. The good news is, they still work. The bad news is, you must wait for the new, Flash-based UI to load before you can read the note.

So I thought "let's create something called Oracle Support Note URL Abstraction Layer, or OSNUAL. It will be shorter, easier to remember, and permanent". From now on, I will use this format whenever I reference Oracle Support Notes.

New Oracle format:
https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=262623.1

Old Oracle format:
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=NOT&id=262623.1

TC's format:
https://toreingolf.net/oracle/note.htm?id=262623.1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Sup im fresh to this, I came accross this site I have found It exceedingly useful & it's helped me so much. I should be able to give something back and support other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Later.

Anonymous said...

Hello im new here. I came accross this board I find It extremely accommodating & its helped me so much. I should be able to give something back and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great page here… today was my first time coming here.. I just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, good post.. I’ll be bookmarking this page for sure.

Followers